Kesoram Rayon was established in 1959 by Kesoram Industries Limited under the B.K. Birla Group, a leading Indian business house with diversified business divisions. The business was transferred to Cygnet Industries Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Kesoram Industries Limited in 2016.
Situated on the banks of the Holy Ganges in the state of West Bengal, Kesoram Rayon is a quality viscose rayon filament yarn (VFY), cellulose transparent paper and chemical manufacturing unit with around 2,500 employees. The factory currently has 52 PSY and 6 CSY spinning machines with an installed capacity of 6,500 M.T. per annum and 360 M.T. per annum respectively. It also has two transparent paper lines with an installed capacity of 3600 M.T. per annum. It is also the only factory in Eastern India manufacturing Viscose Filament Rayon Yarn and also the only factory in South Asia, manufacturing Cellulose Transparent Paper.
As part of the company’s pursuit for greater efficiency and quality, it has always explored the latest innovation and technology so as to improve its rayon manufacturing process. This continuous advancement in capabilities has propelled Kesoram Rayon to be a global leader in the industry today.
Mission and Vision
Our vision is to be a company that sets the standard for the rayon and cellulose transparent paper industry in India and the world. Through our pursuit of excellence in all fields of corporate activity and behaviour, we aim to deliver quality and service that exceed customer satisfaction. At Kesoram Rayon, we are more than a manufacturer of quality goods.
The company plans to achieve its mission through the following
- Inspired and learning organisation
- Continuous drive for energy conservation
- Lowest consumption of material
- Customer satisfaction through quality & service
- Zero defect and downtime
- Environmental friendly existence
- Emphasis on productivity
- Proactive and agile organisation systems
- Zero overtime
Kesoram Rayon’s production plant was established in 1959 with just 24 machines. A second plant was built in 1962, which added another 24 spinning machines. Subsequently, another 4 machines were added in 1976. To cater to the demand for captive consumption, the auxiliary units of Sulphuric acid and Carbon-di-sulphide were added in 1961. Presently, Kesoram Rayon has 52 spinning machines with an installed capacity of 6,500 M.T. per annum. In achieving an efficient manufacturing process, Kesoram Rayon has embraced innovation and the use of technology. This is an integral part of the company’s modernisation programme.
Sustainable Business :
As part of how we go about our business, Kesoram Rayon believes in giving back to the environment so as to build a sustainable business model. This is why, every year we undertake the task of planting trees. Some 2,000 new saplings of Acacia, Nilgiri, Deodar, Gulmohar are planted in a nursery, which we cultivate, develop and groom.
Awards and Certificate
1. ISO 9001 Certification-Quality Management System for manufacture and sale of viscose filament yarn, Transparent paper & chemicals.
2. ISO-14001 for Environmental Management System.
3. Certificate of Merit issued by CAPEXIL against export of transparent papers.
4. National Energy Conservation Award, by the Government of India, for the last 7 consecutive years since 1995. This included an EXCELLENCE AWARD for the year 2001 in recognition of three consecutive Special Prizes. Kesoram Rayon also became the only unit in India to receive the Excellence Award in the history of the National Energy Conservation Award Scheme.
5. FSC Certification.
6. GreenTech Award in 2015 for Kesophane Paper.